If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:
www.Alaska.PreppersNetwork.com
Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.
Join our forum at:
join our facebook group at:

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bending an Ear!

It has been a heck of a few weeks. Talk about going full speed.


We got the house we wanted. Has its own well, in an older neighborhood, with an acre or so of raw land, and a small very manageable house we can fix all ourselves. I am very happy with it and we aren't paying out the ying yang for it. Hubby is just as happy as he won't have to kill himself to get it up and running and gutted with all the new stuff in and fixed. This was an easy and well thought out house.

We decided to chill at our cabin, which we are going to refinance. I started cleaning out the garden, dumping the jalapeno, tomatoes and herbs in the compost. I noticed all the new growth. To little to late in this late fall. I will be transplanting most of the garden to our new house next spring. I pulled up the corn and started walking to the compost and looked at the odd bump... and I had an EAR! I grew and EAR of CORN! I was so happy I showed it to the hubby who laughed at me and was surprised in this really wet summer we actually got an ear! I hope to have the same if not better results next year! I now know when to start planting.

We have a house inspection in a couple of days, the appraisal coming very soon and then to sign. I will then have 3 mortgages. ACK! we will have to see what is next.

I hope you all are having a great week!



------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/
Visit the Alaska Forum at http://www.alaskapreppersnetwork.net/

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Congrats on the new place, Uppy. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

thyme2garden said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and reading about my fall garden woes and the rosemary situation!

Congratulations on your ear of corn! Is this the only one that survived, or did you only grow one? I thought corn had to be grown in multiples to ensure cross pollination.

Also congratulations on getting the house that you wanted at the right price! That's definitely something to celebrate.

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Congrats on the corn and the house!! You'll have to show us pics! Are you selling the cabin or keeping both places??

upinak said...

We haven't quite figured that out yet Gen. I still have your ULU... when I get settled expect a package!

Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer
AlaskaPreppersNetwork.com Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Alaska Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.