If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:
www.Alaska.PreppersNetwork.com
Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.
Join our forum at:
join our facebook group at:

Friday, March 12, 2010

Weird Remedies for People.

I just went to the Doc the other day and got some of the weirdest advise.  But hey, if it works and I don't have to go back to the Doc's, I am all for it.  So I probed and gleaned as much information as I could:

Men, do you have that pesky Jock Itch (lady this goes for you too)?  Get Selson Blue.  Apply on affected areas for 5 minutes and then wash off.  Jock Itch is a fungus and the Selson Blue kills it.

Do you have Athletes Foot?  This is totally gross, but pee on your feet when you take a shower.  It will clear up in two weeks or less.  The Doc recommended you do this in the morning as the acid in the urine is most potent. 

Also, which is even more gross but it does work.  Do you have lice or ever had lice?  If you save your urine for a week in a jug you can take the urine and wash it through your hair and it will kill all the little bugs on your scale and sometimes actually takes care of the dandruff.

Have you ever had a Stye on your eye?  Which is more or less a tear duct or a pimple on your eye lid.  Use a warm used tea bag (a regular tea bag, not a herbal one) and place it there for 5 minutes, 4-6 times a day.  It will help draw out whatever is infecting it and will clear up in a couple days.

Have you ever had a infected hair (and this works on smaller boils) that hurt so much (pubic area) you want to cry?  The tea bag trick can work... BUT get some Carmex.  Yes it works on extremely dry and chapped lips, but it also draws out the infection of the pimple, ingrown hair, boil and in some cases an infection of a ingrown nail. 

Everyone knows that if you put a clove on a tooth it helps with the pain.  It can also work on smaller open wounds, like a small puncture.  You don't want to use a lot nor do you want to pack it.  But it can help make the blood scab up in that area faster.  You can use flour.. but it may become infected.

Have a headache and nothing to take for it?  If you have willow around your area, chew on a freshly snapped (or sliced) twig.  Asprin is orginally from Willow Bark.  This works for migraines is to eat some of the inner bark of a willow tree, but no more then a couple table spoons.  You can also steeps willow bark and make a tea but it doesn't taste all that great.

Asthma attack due to whatever?  Grab a soda with HIGH caffine content and chug!  It may take a minute, but you will start breathing just a little better.

I have more but these were the more interesting ones.  My Doc is a neat older lady who helps with people out in the bush.  So when she speaks.  I listen!

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

"Remedies for People" ... my first thought was, it's to make people go away LOL.

After that initial disappointment, your doctor is a wise person. I'd heard some of those remedies before, but you have some new (to me) things here, too.

Great post - thanks!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Oh my! Those are some of the most interesting things I've ever heard. I'm gonna have to print that one out! (Urine seems to be quite a useful commodity!)

BTW, I've never heard of using cloves for a toothache!

Aloha2U said...

wow, these are good! I don't think I have ever heard of any of them but boy I like them now I gotta go make a copy or write this down, thanks for the great info and post!

upinak said...

No worries. My Doctor takes care of people who come in from the Bush. She is freaking NEAT-O!

These remedies for little things that people really do not need to go in for are some things she figured out AND what people have told her over the last 20 years.

I will post some of the others things she told me down the road... I can't give it all now. *wink*

Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer
AlaskaPreppersNetwork.com Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Alaska Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.